Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgood4u

UPDATE: Hortiholic's October gifts received

mgood4u
18 years ago

Hi everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the swap. I know some of you haven't gotten Sept. gifts yet and I will check into it for you. If you don't hear from me soon and don't get anything for Sept. shortly give me a hollar. Have a great month! Dawn - mgood4u

Comments (33)

• barb_ny5
    18 years ago

Happy October! It's peak foliage here in the NE and oh so beautiful! Hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Hi Dawn: Haven't heard anything from my new pal yet, but if they're anything like me, I can understand why! The best intentions and whoosh! There goes the month.

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

Imissed sept but will make up for it this month secet pal who is a young man married - Mr and mrs Lilyroseviolet have not forgotten about you young man and your darling family. stay on your toes it;ll be there in the next 10 days!

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ggsnail--your pal is wondering if you have gotten a package yet--it was mailed a week or two ago. Please post here whether or not. Thanks - hope you are well, Dawn

• claudia_1078
    18 years ago

I've received my october box today - actually was Saturday at the PO, but tragic events prevented me from getting it.
    Thanks SP, you made my day (or better week!!) A beautiful little basket and a glass vase filled with seeds and a handmade? candle. SP is the basket and candle made by you?
    Yes, I imagined that SP made a donation to the Red Cross - thank you, you are very thoughtful.
    I hope you are all well and enjoying the last beautiful sunny autumn days. Claudia

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

I am puzzled why so few are posting about their boxes? I would post, but I didn't receive an August or September package. I'm afraid they were lost somewhere. Dawn, how many hortiholics do we have? I keep checking to read what were in their packages. Where is everyone?? : ) Treasa

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Treasa. I am going to email your pal and see whats going on. Everyone that dropped out has been replaced so we are supposed to have the same number as we started with. I don't know what is going on some people sent and their pals haven't posted, etc. No one has emailed me lately to say they haven't gotten anything either. I'll keep you posted. Dawn

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi everyone! IF you haven't gotten a box for Aug and or Sept. please sign in here by simply saying "me". I will get in touch with your pals to see who is still here. If you got your boxes for these months and are "good" with everything else--and you are still with us hollar "I". This way I can update things and figure out who is/isn't sending. Thanks and I hope everyone is well! Dawn-mgood4u

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

III!! Hi dawn I am still here just busy! I am winding down with plant trading and getting all my plants inside so I should have more time(you would think!!) I am sending out my pals box today as a matter of fact! I have not received anything for October yet but I am up to date on the others.

Carly

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

"I" am still here as well. I am however late on my Sept. box. I have not forgotten you though SP, I promise.
    We are suppose to be in the 70's today, so I am going to try and soak up as much of that last bit of sun as possible and get out in the gardens and get some boxes packed.
    Enjoy the changing of the leaves.
    Blessings, Tina

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

i'm still in, but i have not sent out my oct. box yet..i'm up to date so far and i have recived all my box from my secert pal too. so both of us are up to date..erica

• luvs2garden8686
    18 years ago

hi there! I haven't gotten my package out for the month yet nor have I recieved mine but that's ok I'm not rushing. there's still plenty of the month left :-)erica I love your little witch! where do you go to get your name put on all these cute little things? is there any way that I can get my name put on one?

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Guess what came today!! : ) My September package, and oh, what a package!!!!!!!!!! Full of goodies, and it was funny,too, the way all those boxes were connected to accommodate everything!!!! LOL Thank you so very much, secret pal. It was a lot of fun unwrapping everything, and discovering what goodies were inside. You were very kind and generous to me, and you're right, I am being spoiled rotten!! : ) But, that's OK with me!!! : )
    Here's my list of goodies:
    A pair of colorful breeze twirlers
    A houseplant waterer and mister
    Bag of Certs (hey, hubby accused me of garlic breath the other day, so how did you know??) LOL
    Pumpkin candies
    3 beautiful candles, very nice ones!
    A thriving, potted Juniper bonsai (Love it!!) : )
    And a nail and hand spa treatment (How did you know??)
    I think that was everything. Thank you, secret pal!! I will enjoy it all, and am very grateful. : ) You brought a lot of sunshine into my day. Thanks!!!!! Treasa

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

EVERYONE~please read:

If for any unfortunate reason anyone ever has to drop the swap, when you email me to let me know that you are PLEASE also let me know if you have recieved your box for the month and that you are/are not intending to send one out to your pal. I would assume that if you wait until the end of the month to drop out and have already gotten your gift for that month that you would send to your pal one last time before ending. That would only be fair. So, please give me this info along with your Bon Voyage note!
    Some people have dropped out but never said if they got their box. Then I find out they did but haven't been sending. Which is really unfair to their pal. I know things happen, but if you have to drop out at least make sure you are even in the sense that what you received is what you sent. If you got 6 boxes -please have sent 6 boxes! (I say "boxes" but gift is a better choice as it was never said that it had to be a box). So, even if you sent a card-it would suffice. Just a reminder......... Thanks Dawn

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

One more reminder that I forgot. Please try to post that you got your package asap. I know when you are busy it is hard to sit at the computer and list everything that you were sent and "thanking" your pal seems to become more of a chore when you are rushed. (Believe me, I know this first hand!) So, even you just say, "got my box today! Will list what I got soon--thanks". That would be great. I have gotten a few emails lately from people who werent sure if their packages went missing. At least if you say it was received it will ease the senders mind and give you time to post all the goodies at your convenience. Thanks again! Are you all ready for trick-or-treating?

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

i browse through the web site. ---http://forums.delphiforums.com

A very kind gardener friend from GW got me addicted to it..lol i have them make me all kinds of tags... i hope this helps... erica

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

(I know this is suppose to be a secret pal swap, but it accidentally happened that I found out who my pal is. So, I have to give this wonderful gal praise for her heart of gold.)
    I received the most AWESOME box yesterday!
    It came from none other than Mrs. Carly :-)
    Inside this HUGE box was the biggest and prettiest Pink Princess Philo I have ever seen. It is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had a digital camera so I could post a pic of this beauty. WOW! She also sent me a Raspberry Ice variagated bogainvilla (sp?). I have wanted this for quite some time as well, but they are sooooo expensive. She also included several hoyas, a pepperomia (also variegated!!!), bronze sedum, white and pink Christmas cactus and the BEST smelling pansies.
    As if all of these lovely plants wasn't enough, she also inlcuded a set of Rooster kitchen towels and pot holders. I so wish I could post pics of all of these. I LOVE EVERYTHING Carly. THank you, thank you, thank you so very much for such a WONDERFUL box.
    I have to say, this very sweet gal ALWAYS thinks about me when sending me a box. She puts so much thought and care into each and every box. I just love you so much Carly. Not for the gifts, but for all of the time and care you always put into thinking of me. You are absolutely wonderful my dear friend.
    Many, many hug's to you sweetie.
    I just love everything so much!
    I put the rooster you sent me last month in a special place in my kitchen today. I did have it sitting by my bed on my night stand, but I wanted to display it for everyone to enjoy.
    God Bless,
    Tina

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

I am so glad that you liked everything that I sent Tina!! You are making me blush!! I always enjoy getting things for you! But unfortunately I usually end up buying one of what i get for you for myself so I don't know if that is good or not!! LOL!!!

Carly

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HI guys!
    Oh no, Erica-please---not another website to get addicted to! lol. They are cute!

Barb--did you get it yet?? I saw your earlier post.

I just want you guys to know that even though I am not posting here quite as much as I used to, and I might be a tad forgetfull with some emails--I never forget about this swap. Sometimes I feel like my hostessing is going down the tubes! lol. I think about the swap all the time and I miss sending and having the time to initiate and participate in conversations as much. So, now that I have a second I just wanted to let you all know that you are still the best!!!

I also wanted to say to all the "senior" horts who have been here since day one---I am so glad that you stuck around and thank goodness nothing occured to interfere with GWing! lol. Thanks to those of you who stuck it out through "sickness and in health". (Yes-believe it or not there are still some original members!)

I hope everyone is okay. This disasterous weather we are having in the south is such a terrible thing. My prayers to all!

Anyone have any pics or descriptions of their favorite late fall blooms? I love when you guys post pics--some day I will figure it out, then look out! I will send photos galore! It's wierd though, for some reason the pictures never come through on my emails from here. Not even the dreaded X. So, I see them when I check the thread and it is a nice surprise. I wanted to mention also that I have decided to do a one time named only seed swap. If anyone is interested and has any "free" time ( whatever that may be--lol) check it out. It's called "A seed by any other name..." swap.

Tina--nice b-day gift! I remember seeing many a post from you in search of the Pink Princess!

Happy Halloween! My 4th wedding anniversary was yesterday (Oct. 20th). Time FLIES!

With love and hugs~~ Dawn

• julus_pahl
    18 years ago

Still waiting (patiently) for September!

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hey Dawn,

Happy anniversary!! I am so glad you asked for pics!! I just got my new digital camera day before yesterday and I am having fun taking pics! I uploaded a few so you could look and feel free to browse through my other pics!!

Carly

Here is a link that might be useful: My webshots page

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Oooohh Dawn I have to post this pic, it is tooooo funny!! This is the cat with too much time on its hands!!!

Carly

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That is sooooo cute!!!!!!! I love it, nice garden pics also!

ARALLIA AND GGSNAIL~~~ please email me asap, thanks! I am going to email you guys also.

Hi Julus~ looks like from the post above that it is on the way!?!

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi. If anyone knows anything about Araillia and ggsnail let me know. I am worried about the weather. Haven't heard from either since Sept.
    Thanks, Dawn

• claudia_1078
    18 years ago

Hi. Just wanted to thank my pal for her contribution to the Red Cross (September package) I received their letter the other day. You are the best!!
    Dawn, happy anniversary - but I sure miss your contributions, it's nice to see you back once in a while.
    To my pal: Your October package goes out on Monday, sorry for the delay (things happen and not always the best way)
    Bye Claudia

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi. I still haven't heard anything from Ara or ggsnail. Not sure what to do about this guys. Dawn

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well guys I have to take Ara and ggsnail out of the swap. So I have emailed those who were partnered with them.

How is things going with everyone else? Dawn

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone..i received my box yesterday.. and as always my pal makes this rainy day a ray of sunshine..
    i received
    a cute ghost --have him haunting away infront of my fireplace
    a wonderful handmade by my pal scraf--of lovely fall colors--we cut wood for the winter it will be well used..lol
    handpainted mason jar with a cheery fall scene..
    thank you pal for such a thoughtful box and card...i love getting your boxes they make me feel real special..

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi dawn, please pass on that i have my new pal's info..and i will be shipping oct. and nov. in one box to get them caught up. so they do not have to wait any longer..i hope to have them shipped this week if not with my work schedule this coming weekend. i did not get their info in time to catch the mail sat..have a great week erica

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

• barb_ny5
    18 years ago

Hope my new SP sees this b4 a Nov. thread starts. Rc'd a double box today. (Sep. & Oct). All kinds of goodies. There was a photo album, chalk board, decorative,garden stakes, five pkgs. of seeds (Been looking for the Heleniums), a mix of daffs, tulips, calla lily, sparaxis, and dutch iris bulbs (another I've been looking for). Oh, and a garden frog, angel, and votive candle. Thanks SP! What a Halloween treat. Take care, Barb

• outapatience
    18 years ago

Hi Dawn,

I did not receive anything for Sept Or Oct.

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

My palie who has my name has had pneumonia, so we need to wish her well, and to take good care of herself. Lots of love, hugs, and get better soon, secret pal!!! Treasa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Dawn, is my secret pal still in this rr? If so,
    November's box will be going out in approximately one week.
    There will be some yummies inside this one to start the holiday season.

Autumn Wishes,
    Tina

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi. Has anyone heard from Indyflower???
    Indy--if you around please email me! Thanks Dawn