Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erikvarela

Motorcycle wooden model? need help identifying

erikvarela
11 years ago

so this was my second pick i bought the other day. As soon as i saw it i fell in love with the item, its so detailed and just an amazing piece.. the pictures used inside are basically telling the story on what a bike rider in the 60s would be like. there are no names or any info so i was wondering if anyone knows or has seen anything like this.. also if im in the wrong sections or you are aware of another site please feel free to let me know. thank you.

Comments (14)

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

second image

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

third image

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

last image

• jemdandy
    11 years ago

I have seen a similar display case at our local McDonald's restaurant. The decoration in this restaurant is Elvis Presley themed. I am not sure, but I think the model is of a hardtail Harley with springer fork circa 1940s. In hardtails, the rear wheel has no supension spring and depends soley on a soft, fat, rear tire. A large seat spring adds a bit more shock isolation for the rider. The front end of the seat is hinged.

During WW2, both Harley and Indian made motorcycles with 2 cylinder V engines. The Indian was a roughly similar to Harley and from a distance could be mistaken for a Harley. These bikes were made for the US Army and it was desired by the military to have at least 2 suppliers for many items it purchased, hence, Indian was commissioned to produce a Harley-like copy. Older V-2 Indians made in the 1920s had a unique suspension system that was made with leaf springs.

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well from looking for more detail i havent been able to find any motorcycle brand anywhere.. the only thing that it says underneath the motorcycle is, "customized 1936 motorbike with the famous start and stripes"

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

The shape of the tank (teardrop) and the fenders ... It's a late 1940s or early 1950s Harley Davidson.

See this: http://www.motorcycleparts.com/dls/2010/07/vintage-harleys.jpg

You would have to work on identifying the people and locales in the pictures. They look like stills from "The Wild One" - a biker picture from 1953.

It may have been a "faux memorabilia" thing made up as decor, rather than something made for a specific person. What do the small plaques say?

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well each little area is described as to what the picture shows.. " bikers have their own dresscode, language and insignia" "schrader gallon type pressure gage" and some pictures of "EASY RIDERS"... what would something like this be worth? i paid 60 dollars for it, and have been offered 250 but its too nice for me to sell it..

• erikvarela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that is exactly the same one i bought.. only difference is my piece still has the goggles inside and the one sold did not.. thank you very much im contacting them to see what my item is valued at, it is going to look great in my room.. thanks again lazygardens..

• amel_zarmoun
    8 years ago

Gute tag ich habe gleich wenn sie intress hatte genau gleich das ist mein kontakt

• amel_zarmoun
    8 years ago

voila ich habe genau was sie suchen.sie können kontakt mit mir per email

• jemdandy
    8 years ago

Your display and display case is near identical to the one I see weekly at a local McDonald's restaurant. I believe your case was a decoration at a McDonald's hamburger place.

• amel_zarmoun
    8 years ago

Uberhaupt nicht ich habe das gekauft in milano und das original .