Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam19_gw

Has anyone built frank betz candler park home?

pam19
10 years ago

We are looking at the frank betz candler park. Does anyone have pics and suggestions on modifications?

Comments (10)

• rrmuphy88
    10 years ago

Yes. We turned the laundry room to a mud room. Since we were using the 4th bedroom as a office we deleted the closet in there made that bathroom into a half bath and used the left over as the laundry room. We also enlarged the screened porch off the back and love that. We made the garage bigger which made the bonus room bigger. We also redid the pantry by putting the door opposite the mud room door. We deleted the column in the kitchen. That gave us more counters and cabinets. We love the house and I can send u pictures if u want. I am a contractor and built this house myself.

• pam19
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would love to see pics of the front, sides, back and inside if u don't mind.

• okpokesfan
    10 years ago

WE also are building a very modified version of the Candler Park. I turned the dining room into a piano room; took out the wall between the living room and kitchen; totally redid the kitchen layout; turned the pantry/laundry area into a mudroom; made the informal eating area into a laundry room; turned the keeping room into a dining room (so the living/kitchen/dining are one big area); turned the downstairs extra bedroom into an office, took out the hallway there and turned the bath into a powder room and added another closet there; upstairs we added another bathroom. Outside, we added a long back porch behind the living room/master bedroom. I'd be happy to send you our floorplan and/or pictures, although we aren't finished yet.

We chose this because we loved the façade and knew we could modify the inside to meet our needs/wants.

• pam19
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks okpokesfan! I look forward to seeing your pictures. I am also wanting to see pictures from rrmuphy88. I am new to this site. Not really sure how to move around or reply so I hope this works. I don't have Internet at my temporary location yet and I am using my granddaughters ipad. I can't access this website at work due to security violations. We sold our home so we could build one last time so we have to make the right choice on plans. I think candler park is it but just want to make sure!

• pam19
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks okpokesfan! I look forward to seeing your pictures. I am also wanting to see pictures from rrmuphy88. I am new to this site. Not really sure how to move around or reply so I hope this works. I don't have Internet at my temporary location yet and I am using my granddaughters ipad. I can't access this website at work due to security violations. We sold our home so we could build one last time so we have to make the right choice on plans. I think candler park is it but just want to make sure!

• glockfan
    10 years ago

RRMurphy, can you please send me some photos of the Candler Park? My wife and I are considering building this plan. Thanks! glock30fan@att.net

• joyce_6333
    10 years ago

This is an old thread on GW, but has some nice pics of this model being built.

Also, if you search for "Frank Betz Candler Park" on Google, and select images, you'll get tons of pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank Betz Candler Park

• glockfan
    10 years ago

RRMurphy, can you please contact me? I would love to talk to you in reference to this plan. Thanks!

• sabken1
    9 years ago

could you send us photos of the house your built especially the screen porch

thanks

• cathygramz
    8 years ago

I would love to see pictures.