Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chinchette

bathroom mirrored wall- has anyone got a photo?

chinchette
15 years ago

A few weeks ago I saw a photo of a bathroom with a mirror wall and the light hung on the mirror. Has anyone got a photo of something like that?

I'm thinking of not doing framed mirrors but instead doing a mirrored wall behind the vanity. I want to see some modern takes on that. Thanks.

Comments (7)

• budge1
    15 years ago

Well, it's new, but not exactly modern. Is this what you mean? We originally thought we were going to do a framed mirror in between the sconces, but once the tile was in, it just called out for a big sheet o'mirror.

• chinchette
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, that looks very nice and fits that space real well.
    Anyone else?

• threedgrad
    15 years ago

Here is a bathroom I designed for a client a few years ago.

• k9arlene
    15 years ago

The photos above show lovely bathrooms. However, I would not recommend a wall of mirrors. I have this in my master bath and it reflects everything you have in the bathroom -- towels, all of the junk on the vanity tops, the shower, bathtub, etc. I don't want to see my entire bathroom in the mirror. I'm trying to figure out a way to get my DH to remove them and put up 2 smaller framed mirrors.

• reesw_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

Budge1 - that's lovely! How did you make the holes in the mirror so that you could install the lights?

thanks!

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

We got a wall of mirror partly because our master bath isn't huge and we have no natural light in there. We love it! (went with a small tile backsplash above the sink to avert some of the splashing, but DH still manages to get toothpaste on the mirror there anyway)

We got some guff from one of the mirror co's I had out to discuss cutting holes for the sconces. We didn't go with them. Went with a good company (lots of Street of Dreams homes) that had no problem with it at all.

I'll try to take a pic this weekend. Definitely did modern. We have these sconces and downlights over the vanity.

Here is a link that might be useful: our sconces -- the mirror makes the room extra bright :)

• gldnfan
    15 years ago

Ours is not finished but we did that in our master and the lights are installed into the mirror. Similar to Budge but contemporary. I love it but I also wanted to see the reflection of the open shower room that takes up the whole half of the bath opposite the mirror. I could look at the combination of marble and glass tile all day! I have dreamed of this natural light drenched bathroom for years while showering in a small dark dingy shower stall and I love seeing it all. I almost let myself be talked out of the cream colored tumbled Botticino marble I have coveted for years. So glad I didn't - even though I had to pick through 800 sq feet myself to get the right tiles for the floor - as I just love everything about it! Anyway, I digress ;-)

Our look is somewhat contemporary and clean so there isn't a lot of visual clutter to begin with.

The mirror installer used some kind of glass drill type tool to make the holes for the lights.

I think it is one of those personal preference things - if you love the look you will be happy with it.