Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sultana1976

no clue how to decorate tv wall

Sultana Smith
6 years ago
Husband put this 65 inch tv on wall, with no plan on how to decorate remaining space. Please help.

Comments (17)

• suezbell
    6 years ago

A taller cabinet beneath it or a floating box shelf might be in order.

http://www.mastersteelroofing.com/colorsimulator04.html

On each side, go vertical -- nothing higher than the top of the tv needed.

Sultana Smith thanked suezbell
  • Rawketgrl
    6 years ago

1. Longer console

4 questions....

Do you rent or own?

What is your budget for this project?

Sultana Smith thanked Rawketgrl
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

that poor wall is so lonely! you need some stuff. remove the small coffee table and sell it on craigslist. it's too tiny for that room. And what is the niche at the top? was that a window at one time? If that is an exterior wall, put in a cool transom-like window where that is. if not, drywall over the opening.

look at the way this entire wall is decorated. they even have a chair in the corner. do something like this with yours.

your wall is perfect for a set up like this

Sultana Smith thanked Beth H. :
  • Sultana Smith
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

That small table is going & we decided on getting this:

• pandtkendall
    6 years ago

You definitely need a long media type console below the tv not only to hide all the ugly cords, but if it has cabinets all your other equipment can be hidden. Then you can worry about decor and what else to put on the wall.

• Sultana Smith
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Some of those pictures look fancy and too picture perfect. I want to see how just the average person who maybe is not that great at designing, puts their touch on their space.

• phuninthesun
    6 years ago

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 years ago

That's a nice cabinet. But, notice that it has an Asian theme. what does your sofa look like? if it's big and bulky, it won't work together.

this one is also nice

so if you put this console against the wall, get a small chair to go in the left corner.

• Joe
    6 years ago

Before you base your design on this console, check to make sure that new inventory will be forthcoming. It said sold out when I went to check it out. :-(

Sultana Smith thanked Joe
  • Sultana Smith
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Same space: during the day light

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    6 years ago

Mount Decorating small Framed Art around TV, making it part of your picture wall will certainly give it an edge over the others.. It will definitely give a more sophisticated look to any room in your house.

Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

****CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE ****

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 years ago

You can check IKEA for media/wall unit. Some idea here

Fairway Terrace · More Info

• dakota01
    6 years ago

Could be me - but, your tv looks to be mounted too low. I didnt' have mine mounted, though I may in the future. I have a pretty glam style Hooker brand cabinet that mine sits on. It was a little taller than I'd like, so I had a guy cut a few inches off the legs. Then I mounted long pictures on the wall. Those pictures help to bring the eyes up when you are looking at the room, rather than the tv.

• erinsean
    6 years ago

A long console under your TV to hide equipment and nothing else unless you want some greenery or a chair in the corner. Not sure about the height of your TV...I am told the center of the TV should be at eye level when seated. I would not add anything to the wall around the TV....the TV is your focal point and anything else will look cluttered, IMHO

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 years ago

Why isn't the TV centered on the wall? I would use one or two floating media cabinets from South Shore Furniture or cabinets from Woodwaves

Here's a floating rustic cabinet from Woodwaves

https://www.woodwaves.com/products/farmhouse-barn-door-entertainment-center-floating-tv-stand-spice
    If you only want to spend the money on the cabinet add multiple art images above.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    6 years ago

I would select the long console first and then see what else is needed. I hope you'll find a long-enough console with a TV of that size. It seems it's always the husbands who want a huge TV, but of course they're not thinking of how it will fit in with the decor. Fortunately you have a nice long wall so it's not as bad a look as some I've seen. A fairly light-colored console would probably look best against the dark wall and floor.