Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_284096811

Mirrored panels?

Brenda Yeo
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone i have very dark wood bedroom furniture. The room is not too bright so i was thinking of inserting mirror on the door panels..... is this oudated? Would painting or papering the panels llok better? If so what paper/design would you choose....

Comments (20)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Lighter floor and lighter walls is what will help the room.

Brenda Yeo thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi changing the floor is not an option and the

walls are already painted light

• iamtiramisu
    5 years ago

Unless you are donning legwarmers and conducting jazzercize classes in your bedroom, inserting mirrors on your door panels as a decorating element is outdated, yes, but also is only going to reflect the darkness around the room. Fix the lighting situation - change bulbs, add lamps, overhead fixture, etc. since your walls are already light and the floor is dark but can't be changed. Pictures will also get you far better advice and ideas.

Brenda Yeo thanked iamtiramisu
  • Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

the wardrobe faces the entrance to the bedroom

• Suki Mom
    5 years ago

no to the mirror panels.

• wsea
    5 years ago

hard to tell but based on the tight clearance between wardrobe and the foot of the bed it looks like the bed should be on the wall under the wardrobe where your tv is. How do you move past that space. Is the headboard blocking a window on the wall it’s on?

• wsea
    5 years ago

ps. inthink the wardrobes are pretty as is.

• iamtiramisu
    5 years ago
    Those pics aren’t really helpful - can you get one of the whole room?
  • Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The window is to the side of the

• wsea
    5 years ago

Ok seeing the additional pics Im standing by my initial assessment that the room will feel lighter just by moving the bed to the tv/wardrobe wall. It will really open up the space.

• iamtiramisu
    5 years ago

^^agreed

• Helen
    5 years ago

On the advice of my designer I had laminar panels installed in my bedroom door as well as the bathroom door. It is completely opaque - not even a shadow appears if you are outside looking into the illuminated room and yet they create a much more open feel - I am so glad I followed her advice and didn't go with the plain wood door.

Mine were new but since I ordered standard wood paneled doors the process would be the same as I had the "laminar" installed locally by the carpenter/cabinet maker who did all the rest of my stuff.

• Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thankyou all so much for your advice its been very helpful

• Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Its been suggested so... yes i think thats what im going to go for. Thnku so much for your advice

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago

Paint them! In addition to moving the bed it will help tremendously.

The home of Tessa & Martin · More Info

Brenda Yeo thanked miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • greenfish1234
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I find that color can open a room up and brighten it more than white paint. i would definitely move the bed and I would paint the walls a beautiful color and find a bright and cheerful print for your bed

Rustic Bedroom · More Info

Brenda Yeo thanked greenfish1234
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago

Yes, I agree with Greenfish about colour. I couldn't find an inspiration pic with colour though.

Whatever you choose, if you paint make the walls and cabinets the same colour. No accent cabs or walls please!

• Brenda Yeo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Great idea!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County