Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Reblooms and a few extras:

I need new staff. My current staff just lays around looking out the window:

Daddy Bluebird is a worker: He gets the worm, and brings it to the house

Then he flies to the house with it: Pictures are fuzzy because taken so far away

Sabine Bauer 2nd rebloom period

Carolina Sugar Daddy has seveeral rebloom scapes

Firey Temper Never rebloomed before; in fact, hardly bloomed before

Intelligent Design just keeps blooming

And GitR'Done has put up yet another sscape

And I just love that Francis Busby is reblooming

Emerald Starburst on rebloom

kay

Comments (7)

• lilykate7a
    last year

I'm with your staff on these hot days! Save me a seat inside!! What great photos of the bluebird. Love them. I am jealous of your Sabine Bauer rebloom because mine bloomed not at all. It is in a grassy part of the jungle bed and I really need to move it because it is so pretty. Intelligent Design is so pretty in that clump. I like Carolina Sugar Daddy and those blooms even look a little different from each other. Isn't our rebloom crazy this year?? Especially after this weather we hae had?

• Julia WV (6b)
    last year

Thanks for the morning laugh regarding your staff. Love the bluebirds. We have them here too.

Intelligent Design always did good for me in NY. Firey Temper sure is a looker. I looked it up to see who registered it and see the stats. Surprised it listed it as having a watermark. I guess I'm use to seeing large watermarks. I thought the whitish area was just part of the eyezone. Carolina Sugar Daddy is so pretty and it is blooming here. I'll post a pic later. Nice group Kay.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Those cats love that window off my desk and there are always cats lying there are sitting looking out and chattering at birds and butterflies The bluebirds are either lazy or in such a hurry to get going that they will just put their nest on top of the previous one and I have to catch them between broods or I don't know how high they would go. they insist on using that old house (ignored a new one) so we had to double over the leaking roof. silly little beauties that they are.

Bluebirds use the nest all summer long.

Kate, Intelligent Design has always been a very good one here and it usually reblooms. In fact, a lot of Emmerich plants rebloom...but never Entwined at least so far . And that is the second time Sabine Bauer has sent up rebloom scaqpes this year, but I was posting so much, it missed the ticket.

Julia, Fiery Temper was squelched by the Japanese Maple as were all of the plants in that section of the year. It bloomed but only one or two and I kept it just because it was a one of Bill's and he was so nice when I was a beginner with daylilies and exchanged several emails with him during that time.

This year, it is beginning to live up to it's abiliity finally.

kay

• shive
    last year

I think the cats have the right idea. I'm staying inside most of the time this summer. Intelligent Design and Sabine Bauer look fabulous. Carolina Sugar Daddy looks cool and crisp on a summer day. I had Fiery Temper for a couple of years, and it never bloomed very much here. I think it's pretty, and that most definitely is a watermark, Julia. I'm glad SC Francis is reblooming for you. This is one of the few years it hasn't rebloomed here. Maybe it will later if we keep getting rain every week.

Debra

• Nancy 6b
    last year

Love Sabine Bauer and nice that it is reblooming so well. Emerald Starburst is not listed as a rebloomer, but mine rebloomed too. How tall is yours? It is listed as 32", I have not measured but I think mine is almost 5' tall. Reall tall and lanky looking and I am not liking that. It was pretty tall last year, well over 32".

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    last year

Cats sure do know how to relax, don't they. I had never seen a bluebird (they had become quite scarce in our area and I always lived in the city), but where we are now we see them occasionally.

That's a lovely picture of Sabine Bauer. I also like Fiery Temper. I hope it continues to rebloom for you. We considered getting Carolina Sugar Daddy, but in the interest of downsizing, we decided not to.

Nancy

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    last year

I just smiled ear to ear. Such a cute comment with the adorable cat picture....... We built a box especially for bluebirds many many years ago. The only bluebird we have ever seen though was lying dead in the street. Enjoyed seeing yours........Sabine Bauer looking especially pretty as twins for you....................Maryl