Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbnz

Help picking rug & curtains CB Barrington Sofa w Bone white BM walls

mbnz
10 years ago
Hi! I could use some suggestions for a rug and curtains in a two story living room, bone white BM walls and cherry hardwood floors. It is 16x12. Two story windows on two walls, open to foyer and upstairs and lots of light, bright room. We JUST got our new sofa and chair and half it is the Barrington Sofa in Kyle Charcoal from CB. I am having trouble deciding on a rug and curtains and also about patterns. I am open to modern or traditional but like more traditional colors and neutral colors with accent colors. Any suggestions are completely welcome! Thanks in advance!!

Comments (17)

• mbnz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    This is the sofa image
    Barrington Sofa, Kyle Charcoal · More Info
  • mbnz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi! I am leaning towards blues, greys and potentially yellow but I literally got the sofa two days ago in the room so I am very open to suggestions. I am on the same page as you for finding a rug I love first and going from there. Thank you so much for taking the time to put some input in!
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Here are four rugs from rugstudio.com. Some of these still leave it open as to accent colors. The one with the blue you still use yellow as your ten percent.
    mbnz thanked Nancy Walton
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Remove large coffee table to big instead get a small round 24" place in front of sofa. On windows a gray and white chevron print panels on lower ends, yr pillow is what I'm talking about. Rug. Go silver gray shag 6x9. Remove all small items from walls. Use nothing on sides of windows. Should be big art over sofa. Hang 6" from top of sofa.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Across whole window add a black bamboo shade, Home Depot carries.
    mbnz thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • mbnz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for all the input everyone. It's been really helpful! If you think or see anything else along the way let me know. Best wishes to you all.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    I like the rug posted by PH Interiors and the first one posted by Nancy. They would go well with your sofa. As for the windows. I wouldn't do those sheers,,too low. Have something that comes from all the way up (one one each side) and some roman shades for the lower windows for privacy.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    Here are some ideas for your windows. The last one might even give you an idea for the color
    great room in Lake Geneva · More Info

Jane Lockhart Interior Design · More Info

Wye River Waterfront · More Info

Drapery · More Info
    mbnz thanked printesa
  • mbnz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks! I really like the rug posted by PH Interiors too. I'm really leaning towards it! I've thought about your idea for the windows too. I'm just not sure I want to do custom drapes in this house. We aren't sure how long we'll be here and I'd guess for the size and the fact I'd need two sets (one for each wall of windows) it'd be quite an investment in the end. It would look cool though...
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    If you want simple ready made drape panels, check out pottery barn peyton drapes. They come in extra long and double width sizes. The linen is a good weight. I always prefer custom but for ready mades, these are a good economical alternative.
    mbnz thanked User
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    If you don't plan to stay much in this house, then some roller shades would be fine. You can find them at reasonable price.
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    Hi MBNZ, thought you'd get a kick out of this. Jeff Lewis (int designer with show called interior therapy - informative and fun) used the west elm rug in a room for a client on last night's show.
  • mbnz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Ha! I will check their site and see if there are pictures. THANKS! I looked at the PB curtains you suggested online (I will try to go to store this weekend to see in person) but the grey doesn't come in the double or extra length. I do really like them though. I think the double length is out anyway. My other set of windows are way too high to do the double length and it'd be uneven. But I wonder if I could just do the pole higher above the first set of windows, not at the "standard" length of 84" and get a similar effect as going to ceiling. I think though the poles would have to be placed at exact same height so i'm limited how far above on bigger set since there is less room in between to play with...not sure it really makes a difference in the end...
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    I think you misunderstood - these curtains come in single or double widths (50" or 100"), not double lengths. Lengths available are 63", 84" , 96" and 108". I checked and the grey comes in all these sizes. And yes, the poles should be at the same height. You could go a bit higher with the current poles. Not sure what length you have there now.
    mbnz thanked User
  • lin15
    10 years ago
    I have similar windows with lots of bright light! I have had several window treatments without loving any. We installed motorized cream wooden blinds on the top ( to close the sun from the west ) and non-motorized blinds on the bottom. After two custom designer try's I think fabric makes the windows look chopped up.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Love the rug also by PH.