Carman Bay Cottage (Lake Minnetonka)Traditional Patio, Minneapolis
Builder: John Kraemer & Sons | Architect: Swan Architecture | Interiors: Katie Redpath Constable | Landscaping: Bechler Landscapes | Photography: Landmark Photography
- What is the type and color of the stone used for the fireplace? And what is the type, color and manufacturer of the siding?
- Are those drop down screens in the covered patio? What is that hanging down in the curved fascias?
- Would love to know where the couch/chair set is available? As well as the table and bench?
Please tell me the color and type of stone used in the fireplace? And
- I am building a home and love this exterior.
Pull down Screens?
Love the patio! I live in CT now, but grew up in Edina. QQ. It looks like there are screens you can pull down like a garage door to keep out bugs. Am I seeing that right? If not, can you add something like that to this design?
Bbq on porch
- Is that a ventilation system behind the BBQ? Or just something to rote t the house from smoke and heat ?
What is the depth (and dimensions) of the columned outdoor porch?
- I am planning on building a similar back porch and wanted to know what a good depth would be to fit a sofa and seating area
- Are there hidden screens built into the trim? Looks like a gap between the trip which would allow for that feature if there was such a thing. We have issues at night with bugs and it would be great to be able to close off when they are eating you alive. Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful.
- What is the venting solution for the bbq under the patio in the corner or is there enough natural ventilation.
- I live in central Florida. I have the same stone on the front of my house. Unfortunately, I did not build the house and stone was not used on my chimney. It is stucco. Could you tell me the name of the stone?
- What is the product used on the ceiling? Is it roof or deck above? Looking for an under deck solution. Thanks!
I love the color of the exterior. Can you tell me what paint or stain
- I love the exterior color! Can you tell me what paint color or stain was used, is it some kind of Greige? I'm going to have my house painted (using Sherwin Williams ) and I'm having a hard time finding the color that "gets" me & this is it!! Thanks.
- It looks like there are pull down screens to close in this porch. If so, can you tell me anything about them.
- What is the type and color of the stone? And what material , manufacturer, and color is the cedar shake siding?
- Hello! Over the covered patio could you share what roofing material you used? EPDM/rubber, or flat seam copper? My new build will be red cedar but there's a flat portion at the top that we will need a different material for. Curious what you think and used on the covered patio roof!
thermal or regular bluestone?
- Is this thermal, full color Pennsylvania bluestone or regular full color bluestone?
- We are in the process of designing a new home (10' ceilings) with an outdoor living room similar to this. I am concerned that the ceiling from the outdoor space will block the light into the family room next to it. Can you tell me how the natural light has been affected in the adjacent room? Or if you have any thoughts on adjusting for this?
I would need a house designer/architect to design a house for me
- Have about 3 acres on a hillside to be defined with a veranda on a farm am just trying to develop.
Contact me on mail email@example.com
Exterior Color Foghorn Stain
- if I wanted this exterior - but were using Hardie Plank - what color would I use?
Shakes and Built ins
- I love the outdoor patio set up and colors… Which company and colour did you use for the shakes? Also wondering about the exterior built-in cabinetry. what material is it, does it withstand exterior elements ? Awesome work!
Nate Blake Homes
- Looking for good pricing on flutted colonial style 6x6 post wraps thank you. Here in southern Utah I have been building over 20 years all high end homes, mainly stucco you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org thank you for your help Nate
- It looks like a flat pitch in the roof? How does that drain? No concerns with weight of snow in winter months or standing water? Just curious how you made that work.
Can you please tell us the dimensions of the covered patio?
- Can you please tell us the dimensions of the covered patio?
i will like you design my new home
- hello are u a house designer contractor and do u do all types of room and house design ?
i have a job for u now and if u are intreasted,i can text you the list of what i want
in the room and i give u the number of af the rooms there.so that u can give me the price cost and
estimate all for me. my name is mary
Venting the grill
- Is the bbq vented somehow? Difficult to tell from picture how it can be under cover like that.
What Houzz contributors are saying:
7. Outdoor great room. This fully decked-out outdoor living space on Lake Minnetonka, in Minnesota, takes what we love about the great room and brings it outside. Food prep and cooking happen close to the house, with a TV above the fireplace and an outdoor lounge nearby. A step down from the covered bluestone terrace is an outdoor dining area, creating a complete outdoor living and dining experience. Wood stain: Foghorn, Cabot; bluestone: Orijin Stone