Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacilla

Off White BM paint colors to complement Georgian Bluff countertops

jacilla
3 years ago

Hi. I am upgrading my kitchen and struggling to tie the right paint color into the mix. My new kitchen will have white shaker cabinets, white subway tile backsplash, Caesarstone Georgian Bluffs countertops, and stainless steel appliances. It's a small kitchen and a small house and I would like one light color to flow through the main floor of the house. The house was built in 1925 and I have very pretty moldings that I would like to slightly contrast the walls while keeping the walls light due to the small space. I have explored many BM OC colors and I'm leaning towards Dove Wing or Glacier White, though I am nervous they may be too warm. Does anyone have any other paint color suggestions for me to try? I didn't realize how hard it is to pick paint colors.

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Just measured a Georgian Bluffs sample for a project. I chose Ben Moore Classic Gray. Also take a look at 1492 Sebring White and OC-25 Cloud Cover.

• jacilla
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks so much, Lori. I had Classic Gray in the running, though I was going to exclude because it was a little darker than the other colors. Knowing that it works with Georgian Bluffs will push me back in that direction and I will also check out Sebring White and Cloud Cover. Very much appreciate the response.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    3 years ago

You're right, it is darker than the two colors you're considering. Less contrast with Georgian Bluffs.

• jacilla
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks, Patricia. Appreciate the feedback! The cabinets are stock so I’m not painting them. They are a pretty clean white, which feels too stark on the walls. The kitchen is small and not open, which was why I was leaning lighter and brighter to make it feel bigger. I also want to carry the color through the rest of the first floor with that lighter feel as the house is very small, though also looking for a little bit of contrast to the molding.

• jacilla
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Patricia. Thanks for the advice on testing also. My house looks crazy right now as I have a bunch of colors all over the walls. And yes the colors looks different in each room, making the decision all that more challenging. The poster board is a good suggestion and will try that.

• jacilla
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Lori, quick follow up question. A friend had recommended Super White on the trim with Classic Gray. Is there a white trim you would recommend with Cloud Cover if I went that route?

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    3 years ago

Super White looks fabulous with Cloud Cover too. Super White is aptly named. :)

• jacilla
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you!

• sjh1610
    3 years ago

We are going with Georgian bluff counters and backsplash with Chantilly lace cabinets. South facing, so the light is a yellow tone. We have off white (close to simply white) now and it looks grungy. Looking forward to the monochromatic bright white and light grey of Georgian bluff with the white cabinets drawing out the white veining. We are very excited! Should be done June 2021.

• Yan So
    4 months ago

I came across this thread as I am also considering Georgian Bluffs for my kitchen reno. Do you think slim shaker cabinets in Opulence White BM will go with Georgian Bluffs countertop? I think the slight pink hue in Opulence White will also go with my red oak wood flooring.

@jacilla, what colors did you choose in the end? Would you mind sharing some photos of your kitchen?

• jacilla
    Original Author
    4 months ago

@yanso I went with Georgian Bluffs for my countertop and I love it. My cabinets are a true white, I don’t know the exact color but close to a Chantilly Lace. I painted the walls Classic Gray, as recommended by Lori and it looks great. Here are some pictures.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

jacilla, that came out really nice.

May I make a suggestion? replace the mini blinds. (they're horrible in a kitchen to keep clean) A diff window treatment would really jazz up that spot a bit.

here:

just a nice roman blind in a soft black/white pattern, some small green plants, and some cutting boards behind the stove.

this blue/white ikat roman shade is cool

or, some zebra blinds? and nice accesorries

This Zebra Easy Roller blind in the blue gray is pretty

diff colors

woven wood blinds

just showing you diff color combonations. maybe a blue/gray material that plays off the countertop

Levilor Natural Woven blinds

solar shades

• jacilla
    Original Author
    4 months ago

Thanks, Beth. Replacing the window treatments is on my list though haven’t made it there yet.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 months ago

Oh good! take another look. I added more photoshops with more colors

you like any of them?

blinds.com is a very good company. i've ordered many from them.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH