Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

I forgot to take my own Advice, unpotted it to look

pirate_girl
11 years ago

About not tugging at plants one's trying to root. Well I didn't tug, but this seems to be taking so long that I got impatient.

A no ID Sans leaf, all green w/ some mottling. (That massive leaf above it is an exotic Hoya.)

Here's the tiny, baby, pup still white from growing underground.

Nice roots w/ it too (grown in mix shown above, not water). Look how cute it is

another view

Shots like this always reminds me of carriers carrying jet planes on them.

After breaking the surface, coloring up a bit too.

It just keeps on plugging

Comments (10)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

What are we going to do with all of these baby plants? Good problem to have. That IS cute! I can't get enough of these Sans babies, can't really think of other plants that do that. And any baby that doesn't need its' diaper changed or wake me up at 2:47 AM is great!

Sorry about your computer. We had to get a new one this week too. Wasn't in the budget this year but we'll make it work. Can you not use your mouse with the laptop? We borrowed one for a while last winter and were able to hook the mouse to it. If not, maybe a wireless mouse?

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

My wife uses a wireless mouse with hers'. Just plug in a ubs looking think and the mouse works. She hates the trackpad also.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Hehehe, well aren't you glad you checked? ;-)

With a nice loose mix like that, I think your roots are safe from any serious trauma.
    Nice work,

Josh

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Josh, yes, I was pleased when I lifted it out to look. I usually have amazing patience w/ these, but somehow not this one.

About the mouse suggestion thanks, but I'm toughing it out as for me, personally, it's just putting off the inevitable, I'll have to learn it eventually. I figure if I have to struggle a bit, best to do it in the comfort of my own home. Thx for the suggestions tho'.

I bought a laptop a couple of days ago, after borrowing one from the office to see how it feels & works. I expect I'll be home playing w/ it this weekend, especially if it rains like it has all day today!

• hijole
    11 years ago

Pirate Girl, Welcome to my world, I've been si impatient with my Sans. Bantels I'm surprised It actually survived and has begun to flourish again.

These have proven to be pretty hardy plants afterall although I 've just brought mine in for the cooler weather coming and then the next day it jumps up to a 100 degrees and I wonder, "take it back out or leave it indoors... and then I say, Ahhh what the heck you can just sit right there you'll be alright.
    No I'm not talking to my plants I'm just thinking all this stuff in my head Lol...

Greg

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Very cool, nice work!

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thx GL,

Will try to post a current pic from the new laptop; let's see what happens.

let's try

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thx for earlier nice comments. Here's another, gee I know nothing about sizing pix, is this large size trouble to see?

Another shot showing pretty leaf pattern

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

PG,
    Now that's a cutie.

Planto

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Great work!
    Pic size is perfect...lots of detail!

Josh