Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junkbj

Want to recommend/trash an on-line supplier you've dealt with?

junkbj
16 years ago

I keep reading how various folks have saved wads of money by shopping online. Hoping those of you with experience with particular on-line suppliers would post recommendations.

Do you have a favorite supplier whose prices and quality were great and who delivered whatever you ordered when you expected it? Conversely, it there a supplier who burned you by sending broken items or stuff of inferior quality or delivering what you ordered so late that it held up your build, or whatever?

If enough people respond, I'll try to collect all info, organize it in some reasonably coherent fashion, and post updates periodically so it stays available to everyone in the community.

It would also be helpful (for cut and paste purposes) if posters followed the same format in making recommendations:

Item(s) you purchased: eg., Wood flooring, floor tile, carpet, wall/decorative tile, lights, ceiling fans, countertops, cabinetry, trim/moldings, plumbing fixtures, applicances, decking materials, paint, brick, windows, doors, whatever...

Company name:

Web address:

Your overall recommendation ( 1 to 5 stars):

Free form comments about what you really liked or what problems you ran into with the supplier:

Comments (2)

• mcassel
    16 years ago

I bought all my plumbing from Ira Woods & Sons... no problems at all and I would use again.

I bought all my appliances from ABT... One of the item I received was a previous return from another customer, as soon as I pointed that out to them they apologized profusely, arranged for UPS to pick up the item the next day and had a new one in my hands very quickly, all at no cost to me... mistakes happen but good companies fix their mistakes... I would highly recommend ABT to any one.

I saved a ton buying online and I used this method. Picked out my appliances locally, found the cheapest price online, asked my store of preference to PM all the other stores... worked very well.

• jaymielo
    16 years ago

Company name: e-doors.com (The Door Superstore)
    Web address: www.e-doors.com
    Your overall recommendation ( 1 to 5 stars): 4 stars
    Comments: Marty was very helpful and delivered a beautiful entry door for a very reasonable price. I'm giving this supplier 4 stars instead of 5 because after I made the order, I felt there was a little bit of a lack of communication. I would have liked an email order confirmation and shipping notification without asking. However, the door arrived in great condition and I'm very happy with my purchase. He was also quick to follow up and ship some brick mould that was missing when we went to install the door free of charge.

Company name: Art Tile Direct
    Web address: www.arttiledirect.com
    Your overall recommendation ( 1 to 5 stars): 5 stars
    Comments: I got a great deal on the tile for our kitchen back splash and fireplace surrounds from Christeen at art tile direct. She sent me lots of samples for no charge to help me make my decision. She is able to make custom art tile when given a line drawing or you can choose any color combination for any of her existing art tiles. Field tile is also very reasonable. I would highly recommend.

Company name: Vintage Tub and Bath
    Web address: http://www.vintagetub.com
    Comments: I ordered my cast iron clawfoot tub and faucets from Vintage Tub. They were a pleasure to work with, had great communication and held my tub in the warehouse until I was ready to have it delivered. The faucets are beautiful and I would highly recommend.

Company name: 1 Stop Lighting
    Web address: http://www.1stoplighting.com
    Comments: Very good customer communication. After placing my order, one item was discontinued, but they "compensated" me for the inconvenience by giving me a 10% off coupon on my entire next order, which worked out rather nicely when ordering lights for an entire home. Their search feature is a bit antiquated so it may be hard to find things online, but they are a great company.

Company name: Lamps Plus
    Web address: http://www.lampsplus.com
    Comments: Well established lighting company. Good customer service and price on products. Items arrived quickly and as described.