Bathroom basementContemporary Bathroom, DC Metro
spa/bathroom in basement
Nicely done! Does this look require a large space?
- Curious if you think this color scheme and type of tile in general would work in a much smaller space, say a 10 x 4 bathroom with shower?
- I love the curbless look and would like to do that in my basement bathroom. Did you have to raise the floor before tiling or dig down in the shower area?
Please clarify dimensions
In your very kind responses to several questions about this great shower design you appear to have provided to different responses regarding dimensions. Is the 36" x 40" correct or is the 53" x 58" dimension correct. Thanks in advance for clarifying your response!
What is the tile used on the wall?
- Please advise on the tile name used in the shower walls. I love it?
Does the floor have any special (quick) drainage?
- I wonder with the absence of a door/curtain if the water needs to drain more quickly to avoid leakage on to the flooring in front of the shower.
- I see you indicated below that the width is 18". Can you tell me the depth? And is the space behind the shelves dead space? Thanks!!
Front edge of tile
- Is there something at the outside edge of the tile or is it just raw with grout?
- what are the dimensions of the bathroom? trying to figure out if i could do this in a bathroom that is 10 x 5. thanks!
Shower tile upkeep
- How do you keep tile walls clear of soap scum, and other water deposits. Any suggested cleaners, or suggestions for a hard well water situation? Thanks
what is the shower wall? natural slate? porcelain?
- Please let me know as I have a client who loves this but I'm in AZ
- does the shower head have to be off set , so the water spray doesnt get on the floor outside the shower or is there a certain size the shower it self needs to be ?
Re shower head
- Please could you tell me where you purchased the shower head that is extended and a single handle or what brand? Thanks much
- About how much will that double shower run you? we are remodeling and I love love the idea of the shower with two heads. we shower together quite often . And the stone is beautiful
I love the mosaic and ceramic tiles,
- I found a large variety of them here http://edezeen.com/categories/wall-ceiling-finishes.html , it helped me a lot!
- Seemingly it's a local city ordinance in Boca that there has to be a curb somewhere in the room. I will still check maybe the problem is the toilet is close to the shower and that might be hard to waterproof. Also it's in an apartment building. I used a wet room in Scotland in a house loved it. Thanks for all the replies